Each morning before plugging into your computer, cellphone, or turning on a podcast, take a deep inhale and then exhale, then make your way to the comfortable space you have created for yourself. Once you are sitting comfortably with good posture, repeat the steps for Square Breathing and Learning to Be Present. Remember to be compassionate and patient with yourself while creating your practice.
- Square Breathing (remember to make note of how many cycles it took before you became centered).
- Once you find yourself centered, begin Learning to Be Present exercise.
- Once present, begin to create a view of yourself as engaged, open, compassionate, and curious (this is a state of self-energy, which you will use to understand your internal influences).
Daily Journal Questions:
Cultivating a deeper self-energy lens, answer the following:
- As you review your week, notice if there is self-judgement in your inner narrative, i.e., analyzing and critical, negative conclusions, summarizing or mindreading what is being said, etc.
- When accessing self-energy you are in a more non-judgmental and open space. You are objectively looking from a cause and effect view, calm, open, and curious. Now take a moment to get connected to your self-energy of being open, non-judgmental, confident, calm, and curious, and then review your week from this view. This is the state of mind which allows the adaptive alternative to become integrated into your system. During the 5th and final lesson, you will cultivate this state to re-calibrate your maladaptive patterns to the new adaptive ones in order to achieve your desired outcomes, freeing yourself from being led by anxiety.